1. Choose Your Ensemble
When choosing your ensemble there are a few things to consider: venue/event size, budget, available song selections and sound character. The bigger your venue the larger the ensemble you will need to fill the space. This way all guests will hear the music. Musicians work by the hour, and run about $175-$330 depending on how much they are responsible for. The smaller the ensemble the less you pay overall, but the more you pay per musician. Finally, you may consider the balance or character you are going for. If you like a thick sound, string quartet is the thickest. If you want a deep sound consider the Cello Duo option before the violin-cello option and so on. We recommend starting with the string quartet (which has the most song repertoire) and then adjusting to your needs. Please be aware that each group has its own repertoire (song) list. Please click here to see our Repertoire main page. Below are the ensemble choices:
- Solo Cello, for repertoire list, please click here
- Cello Duo: for repertoire list, please click here
- Duo Violin and Cello: for repertoire list, please click here
- Duo Piano and Cello: for repertoire list, please click here
- String Trio (violin, viola, cello): for available repertoire, please click here
- String Quartet (violin, violin, viola, cello), for available repertoire, please click here
2. Classical Music for Seating Guests
Please choose selections from our classical list that is well suited for your occasion. This music usually starts 30 minutes before the beginning of the service.
Here are some sample recordings:
“Jesu, Joy of a Man’s Desiring” – J.S. Bach
“Air” (from Water Music Suite) – Handel
For more recordings, please click here to access our list of Audio Samples.
3. Music During the Service
Please let us know if there are any special meaningful songs you would like us to play during the service. We are able to play most hymns if we have the music. For example: “Amazing Grace”, “It is well with my soul”, “How great Thou art”.
Our string musicians are able to play at the grave site for burial services (weather permitting).
5. Reception after the Service
We are able to provide a wide selection of music for the reception. Music from Pops to Classical. Please click here to see our Repertoire page for more information.